For the purpose of this section, culture is defined as the dominant or pervasive worldview in our society. Whether or not people in the culture discern its existence, the fact is that there is a particular culture in which their children are being educated and trained to think. The Bible has much to say about discerning the times (culture) we are in and how to avoid stumbling into the worldly thinking that the surrounding culture often believes.
- Many of my friends say that they want their children to be “salt and light” in the non-Christian school. Shouldn’t we do that?
- But won’t I be sheltering my child from the “real world if I send them to a Christian school?”
- How did we get to a place where so much anti-Christian thinking is taught in public schools?
- “I went to a public school and I turned out OK!”
- What would happen if Christians left the public schools? Wouldn’t that be a disaster for the public school system?